My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.aditseng.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Strongly rising anger...

despondent recently had an entry Open Your Mouth and Die about the shooting of Meher Bhargav. When I was writing about the furore about Rang De Basanti (see earlier posts), what I was most upset about was the fact that there could be very few things in the world that would make people take up arms and kill a defence minister. I felt that people couldn't be more wrong. What about Meher Bhargav? If I were her husband/son/daughter, I would very strongly like to take a gun and... Okay, maybe I am more prone to violence than other people. But I still feel outraged about the lack of anger for her and her family. It's like people don't care anymore.

Coming back to Rang De Basanti, there were those who came out of the movie saying that it was too idealistic. But is anger against the shooting of Mehar Bhargav too idealistic? Was she being 'too idealistic' when she tried to stop the b***** eve-teasers? Or are we expected to sit back and say Chalta Hai or Let it go?

While I have pretty radical views on what to do with rapists and eve-teasers (castrate the bloody b********!), I think the law is still far too lenient with such individuals. And in the case of Meher Bhargav, I would still like to shoot the perpetrators in the b***s even if I don't kill them.

Stand up! Make yourself heard. Change the attitude because of which people can get away with such an atrocity!

Because Meher Bhargav stood up for what she believed in, she was killed. But there are only 6 bullets in a revolver. If we all stand up, at least the 7th person will still be able to make a difference. In a country of a billion people, that's not too big a sacrifice to make for what's right.

No comments: